ASCPA Connect Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the Connect community of the Arizona Society of CPAs. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Communications department here.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community to anyone who violates these rules.
- Discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Be respectful of the opinions of others.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it.
- Discussion of fees is prohibited.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted. When posting information to Connect communities, the member warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright material or has received permission to use and disseminate it from the copyright owner. Additionally, the member grants the ASCPA and other community participants non-exclusive right and license to display copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or material.
- Advertising services, recruiting employees, soliciting business or distributing other self-promoting material through the forum is not permitted. Participants are encouraged to use these forums for professional and informational purposes to benefit their practice/company.
- Promotion of events that offer CPE credit that are not sponsored by the ASCPA is prohibited.
- Participants should not provide any security sensitive information on Connect. Encryption and/or other security methods are not employed.
- Community messages may be archived for later viewing by visitors to the Connect site. These exchanges may be edited for obvious grammatical errors or personal or inappropriate discussions. If you do not want your reply to appear on the Connect site, it is best to reply to the sender only.
- Connect community groups are currently for ASCPA members only – unless otherwise noted.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message. All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Arizona Society of CPAs (ASCPA). The ASCPA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the ASCPA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the ASCPA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ASCPA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The ASCPA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ASCPA we will take all appropriate action.
The ASCPA reserves the right to terminate access to any user.